Trump's EPA is Making Dangerous Mistakes

Trump's EPA is Making Dangerous Mistakes

Kevin Hartley was refinishing a bathtub for the small business he worked for, when he was overcome by toxic fumes and lost his life. He was 21 years old.

The cause of his death was acute exposure to methylene chloride — a toxic chemical used in paint strippers that is highly lethal. But — despite proposing to do so years ago — EPA hasn’t finalized a commercial ban on methylene chloride in paint strippers. Instead, EPA is “re-evaluating” the risks.

But EPA's newly-released draft risk evaluation for the chemical cuts multiple corners, taking an approach that is flat-out illegal and will leave Americans at risk. Demand they follow the law and protect American lives.

Recipients

  • Administrator Andrew Wheeler

Message

You haven't done enough to protect Americans from methylene chloride.

Dear Administrator Wheeler,

Sincerely,
[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State ZIP]

Contact

*Required fields